Northern Skies Counseling
Please click on the button below to schedule a telehealth appointment or phone consultation today.
Offering Telehealth Appointments
Available in the following states: Colorado, Idaho, Nebraska, and Washington state.
In-Network Provider with the Following Health Insurances
Aetna, Cigna, Oscar Health, Oxford Health Plans, United Healthcare, UMR, UHC Student Resources, All Savers UHC, and Harvard Pilgrim
Accepting New Clients
Book a session today to get established as a new client. Please call (206) 326-1211 or schedule an appointment using the calendar above.
I am most passionate about working with adults who have experienced a difficult childhood. If you’re struggling to have healthy relationships with others or control uncomfortable emotions like anxiety, depression, and anger, I can help you navigate these feelings and offer a path forward. My clients often feel stuck or held back by the weight of these experiences. As your therapist, I will collaborate with you to create a safe environment where you can explore and understand these complex experiences and how they may impact your life today.
My style of practice is warm, compassionate, and receptive. I believe that you are the only expert on your life and I will do all that I can to be a useful tool as you move towards shaping the life that you want. My approach is a combination of cognitive processing therapy, strengths based, and mindfulness based techniques. We will focus on discovering your strengths and using those as guiding principles as we navigate the journey together.
If you’re interested in scheduling a consultation or appointment, please contact me at (206) 326-1211 or reserve a time on my calendar.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will therapy last?
- The length of therapy can vary depending on several factors, such as the nature and severity of the issue being addressed, the client’s goals, and their response to treatment. Some people may benefit from short-term therapy that lasts a few weeks or months, while others may require longer-term therapy that lasts several months or even years. Ultimately, the duration of therapy should be determined based on your unique needs and progress towards your goals. It is important to discuss your goals and expectations with your therapist to create a treatment plan that is tailored to your specific needs.
- What can I expect in the first session?
- During your first therapy session, you can expect to have a conversation with your therapist about your reasons for seeking therapy and what you hope to accomplish. Your therapist may also ask you questions about your background, medical history, and current life circumstances to get a better understanding of your situation. They may also explain their approach to therapy and what you can expect in future sessions. It’s normal to feel nervous or unsure during your first session, but your therapist is there to provide a safe and supportive environment for you to share your thoughts and feelings. Remember, therapy is a collaborative process, and the first session is an opportunity for you and your therapist to get to know each other and determine if therapy is the right fit for you.
- Do you provide in-person or online counseling?
- All counseling sessions are conducted using a secure and easy to use video telehealth platform. I am not currently providing in-person sessions.
- How long are sessions?
- Sessions are typically 50 minutes and most clients will attend one session per week or bi-weekly.
- Do you take insurance?
- I am currently in-network with Aetna, Cigna, Oscar Health, Oxford Health Plans, United Healthcare, UMR, UHC Student Resources, All Savers UHC, and Harvard Pilgrim
- What if I do not wish to use insurance?
- My cash pay fee is $100 a session
- Do you have a cancellation policy?
- I have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Cancellations and reschedule requests made with more than 24 hours notice will not be assessed a fee. If you cancel or reschedule your appointment with less than 24 hours notice you will be charged a $100 late cancellation fee.
- How do I schedule an appointment and what’s your availability?
- To schedule an appointment and see my available time slots please click on the “Schedule an Appointment” button below or reference the calendar above to see open time slots.