Northern Skies Counseling
Please click on the button below to schedule a telehealth appointment or phone consultation today.
Offering Telehealth Appointments
Available in the following states: Colorado, Idaho, Nebraska, and Washington state.
In-Network Provider with the Following Health Insurances
Aetna, Cigna, Oscar Health, Oxford Health Plans, United Healthcare, UMR, UHC Student Resources, All Savers UHC, and Harvard Pilgrim
Accepting New Clients
Book a session today to get established as a new client. Please call (206) 326-1211 or schedule an appointment using the calendar above.
I am most passionate about working with adults who have experienced a difficult childhood. If you’re struggling to have healthy relationships with others or control uncomfortable emotions like anxiety, depression, and anger, I can help you navigate these feelings and offer a path forward. My clients often feel stuck or held back by the weight of these experiences. As your therapist, I will collaborate with you to create a safe environment where you can explore and understand these complex experiences and how they may impact your life today.
My style of practice is warm, compassionate, and receptive. I believe that you are the only expert on your life and I will do all that I can to be a useful tool as you move towards shaping the life that you want. My approach is a combination of cognitive processing therapy, strengths based, and mindfulness based techniques. We will focus on discovering your strengths and using those as guiding principles as we navigate the journey together.
If you’re interested in scheduling a consultation or appointment, please contact me at (206) 326-1211 or reserve a time on my calendar.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will therapy last?
- The length of therapy is individualized to each person and is typically decided by both the client and therapist. Some clients come for 3-4 sessions and others may be in therapy for years as they continue to pursue goals and practice new skills. Most clients fall somewhere in between this range.
- Some clients may choose to have follow-up sessions after their regular therapy sessions have ended for quick “tune-ups” to help stay on track and maximize their long-term benefits from therapy.
- What can I expect in the first session?
- During the first session we will likely discuss your reasons for making the appointment and the things you’ve already done to address these issues. We will also discuss your background to help me get to know you better and take a look at some of the important areas of your life (ex. relationships, school, work, etc.) This will be a good opportunity for you to tell your story, decide if we are a good fit, and begin figuring out some goals that you’d like to work on in therapy.
- Do you provide in-person or online counseling?
- All counseling sessions are conducted using a secure and easy to use video telehealth platform. I am not currently providing in-person sessions.
- How long are sessions?
- Sessions are typically 50 minutes and most clients will attend one session per week.
- Do you take insurance?
- I am currently in-network with Aetna, Cigna, Oscar Health, Oxford Health Plans, United Healthcare, UMR, UHC Student Resources, All Savers UHC, and Harvard Pilgrim
- What if I do not wish to use insurance?
- My cash pay fee is $100 a session
- Do you have a cancellation policy?
- I have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Cancellations and reschedule requests made with more than 24 hours notice will not be assessed a fee. If you cancel or reschedule your appointment with less than 24 hours notice you will be charged a $100 late cancellation fee.
- How do I schedule an appointment and what’s your availability?
- To schedule an appointment and see my available time slots please click on the “Schedule an Appointment” button below or reference the calendar above to see open time slots.